Local jobs and training
Tamaki Career Start
Tāmaki Career Start is an work readiness and job matching programme for young adults aged 16 - 24 living in or connected to Tāmaki.
Through Tāmaki Career Start, 229 local young people have been employed and over 180 youth have gained their driver’s licences since the programme began in October 2013. Over 40 people have also enrolled in tertiary education through the programme.
Tāmaki Career Start can help you with:
- Confidence and great career advice
- CV and interview skills
- Passing your driver's licence
- Work experience
- Help finding a job
For more information on Career Start, visit the Facebook page.
Phn: 0800 709 907
Tamaki Jobs and Skills Hub
The Tāmaki Jobs and Skills Hub helps connect Tāmaki residents with local jobs. The hub is a place for employers and potential employees to meet, located right next to the development in Glen Innes. The hub also helps to link people in the community with relevant skills, training and mentoring opportunities.
Twenty nine people have found work through the hub since it opened in October 2016.
If you're looking for a job, the Tāmaki Jobs & Skills Hub can:
- Match you to job opportunities
- Help you get training and gain new skills
- Support you while you are in a job.
We also offer services for employers including:
- Matching suitable candidates who live locally to your vacancies
- Training and up-skilling your new staff
- Supporting you and your new staff once they’re on the job
- Organise training for existing staff
34 Elstree Avenue, Glen Innes
Open: Tuesdays and Thursdays, 9am-4pm