Local jobs and training
Tamaki Career Start
Through Career Start, more than 170 Tāmaki youth have been employed and over 150 youth have gained their driver’s licences. Over 30 people have also enrolled in tertiary education through the programme.
Career Start is an employment programme for young adults aged 17 - 24 living in Tāmaki which can help you with:
- Confidence and great career advice
- CV and interview skills
- Drivers licence
- Work experience
- Help finding a job
For more information on Career Start, visit their Facebook page.
Phn: 0800 709 907
Tamaki Jobs and Skills Hub
The Tamaki Jobs and Skills Hub helps connect Tāmaki residents with Tāmaki jobs. The hub is a place for employers and potential employees to meet, located right next to the development. The hub also helps to link people in the community with relevant skills and training.
If you're looking for a job, the Tāmaki Jobs & Skills Hub can:
- match you to job opportunities
- help you get training and gain new skills
- support you while you are in a job.
We also offer services for employers including:
- matching suitable candidates who live locally to your vacancies
- training and up-skilling your new staff
- supporting you and your new staff once they’re on the job
- organise training for existing staff.
34 Elstree Avenue, Glen Innes
Open: Tuesdays and Thursdays, 9am-4pm