Frequently asked questions: property condition surveys

Why do I need a property condition survey?

While we do our best to keep disruptions to neighbours at minimum, there is a small chance that some construction activities may result in minor damage (such as cracks in paint and plaster) to neighbouring houses. If this happens, TRC will repair any damage caused to the property.

To support this process, TRC will need to do a photographic survey of the condition of your property before construction starts in your neighbourhood. The photographic surveys involve taking pictures inside and outside your house.

Do I need to be there?

Yes. You need to be there to let the surveyor in. They will try to complete the survey as quickly as possible.

Can I choose when the surveyor visits?

Yes. Our Neighbourhood Liaison Team will book a time that suits you and our surveyor.

What if I cannot be at home at the proposed time?

Please let us know as soon as possible by speaking to our Neighbourhood Liaison Team.

Who will be doing the inspection?

We contract registered surveyors to undertake these surveys. If you would like to have a friend, neighbour or support person at home with you during this time you are welcome to arrange this.

What will the surveyor do?

The surveys usually takes about an hour and involve taking photos of the inside your house including walls, ceilings, floors and doors. Photos will also be taken of fences, driveways, garages and any other buildings on the site.

How do I know who the surveyors are?

Your home will be surveyed by a registered surveyor who will carry photo identification cards at all times. If you have any questions or concerns regarding the identity of the surveyor who comes to your home, please contact our Neighbourhood Liaison Team.

How long will the survey take?

The survey should take under an hour. Each house is different so this may vary from one property to another. The surveyor will be able to give you an estimate when they arrive at your house.

What do I do if I believe my property has been damaged?

If you believe your property has been damaged during TRC’s development works, you should contact TRC immediately. TRC has a dedicated process in place to support residents in this situation and we will do all we can to resolve any issues as quickly and efficiently as possible.

Who do I contact if I have any questions or concerns?

Please contact our Neighbourhood Liaison Coordinator, Caroline Koloamatangi, on 027 560 8387 or email with any enquires about the regeneration programme or the development process.

Before construction starts, we will also ensure the Site Manager’s details are also provided to residents.